Monday, July 2, 2012

Layout of a Hoarder

     I know you all have them. The collections that you keep in your scrapbook stash. You know the ones...the "I will wait for the perfect photo" collection or the "This was the collection I bought with ______ and want to save it" or even better, "It's just too pretty to cut in to"! I am completely guilty of the same thing. I made this layout a while back but realized that I never put it on my blog. So not only do I get to share it with you today, I get to fill you in on my little hoarding secret, lol!
     This American Crafts Abode Collection was purchased a loooonnnnng time ago. I have many pieces of it still intact due to the fact that I fell in love with it. I am not sure what it is about it, the color, the images, the shapes, I just really enjoy (not) using it. So, I decided what better way to use it than on another love of mine, coffee! 
     I started drinking coffee about two years ago (after about a 20 year dry spell) and fell in love with all of the creamers that can jazz up my coffee. It is no secret that I also love a little sweetness so coffee+sweet creamers=happiness for me! It is fun to try to find the perfect blend for my morning cup. This layout was created in honor of sweet love!:)


     For the most part, I used the Abode collection along with a few Pebbles buttons, Heidi Swapp Ghost Letters and some MLS tiny alphas. My "coffee ring" was created with Tim Holtz distress ink. And, of course, what coffee layout wouldn't use a coffee filter (see upper left!) This was a fun layout to do and it came together super quick! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it.
     I saw that I now have 60 followers! Welcome to any new followers! Check back again on Friday, I will have more to share with you then...or maybe even before that! I've been getting crafty lately!

Scrap Happy~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These papers are perfect for this layout. I am not a coffee drinker at all, but I totally love this! I especially love the coffee ring and the coffee filter.

    ReplyDelete