Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rules of Laundry & Projects

I believe that I've discovered the holy grail of laundry. Well, according to my kids anyway. In no particular order, these are the rules:
1) If clothing touches your body for more than 4.2 seconds, it is contaminated and must be thrown down the clothes chute. 
2) It is acceptable to walk to the clothes chute but leave said laundry just outside of chute door. 
3) If laundry does get into the chute, be sure that the layers of clothing worn remain intertwined with one another. 
4) If there is a lot of clothing, jam it all into the chute at one time so that the laundry remains in the upper portion of the chute so as to necessitate a heavy shoe or long pole to remove it.
5) If all else fails, leave laundry on bedroom floor until it becomes a permanent part of the decor.

I bet you think that I am kidding. I am not.
Laundry and I will always be arch enemies. If I am being honest, I guess I have a lot of enemies then...clutter, windows, dust, etc. Perhaps I need to channel my inner Mrs. Incredible. That will be the plan for tackling laundry...tomorrow. 

I had the opportunity to do some creating today so I have several projects to share with you. I will start with my layout for the Basic Grey sketch of the week. 
I stayed pretty true to the sketch and just changed out the size of the photos a bit. I typically group pictures together on my layout more so this sketch was a little bit different from my typical layouts. I really liked it though. I may have to use it again. I also had the chance to use my Life of the Party collection that I've been hanging onto. The bottom photo is just a bit of silhouette of my mom and my sweet little niece and I fell in love with it. One year old baby girls are so much fun. Speaking of which...that brings me to my next layout. Another one year old baby girl! (It is so fun having twin nieces!)
Clearly, I wandered pretty far from the sketch with this one! I loved Kristy's sketch for the Scrapbook Steals Mid-Week Mojo but for some reason, I just couldn't get it to work exactly as I wanted so I strayed a bit. I ended up using Echo Park's Little Girl collection and Basic Grey's little monkey from the Oliver collection. I made little tags at the top instead of big ones and added a few more elements. The top left is Martha Stewart washi tape that I got on clearance. Once I got it working for me, it came together quickly. She is such a cute little monkey! 

 Lastly, I actually participated in the Monday Card Madness at Scrapbook Steals this week as well. (I told you I got some crafting done today!) My sweet and wonderful friend Jana just had a baby girl so I wanted to send her a card to celebrate her little one. Authentique paper is divine. That is all I have to say about that. I used their Blissful collection to made the perfect card to welcome the little cutie.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I am close to 60 followers! I remember when I was excited about getting to five! I appreciate you taking the time to check in with my little corner of the world. Have a great day and check back soon for some info on my birthday month!

Scrap Happy~Melissa


5 comments:

  1. GEEZ you are TAL-EN-TED!!! I LOVE that first layout! and I really like the colors on the card too!! Oh, and I wanna steal that adorable little monkey off your page!! Its way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and your laundry rules had me rolling. too funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take on the sketch... thanks for playing at BG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts and card! Love your takes on the sketches! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete