Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Still Scrapping

     My poor, neglected blog! I have not posted anything new on here for a while. I was beginning to feel bad about it but then realized that, while it brings me (and hopefully you), some happiness, it is not crucial to world peace or anything ; )  Either way, I am glad to be sharing some of what I have been making lately!  I was in a very crafty mood this past weekend and spent a bit of time in my craft room.  I had several cards that I wanted to make so it was card making day! Here are the fruits on my labor, photographed in poor lighting (I had to take a photo before I could mail them out and it was evening)!

 This card was inspired by a sketch at Sweet Peach Crop Shop. The card turned out a bit differently than the sketch but I fell in the love with it anyway! My first time using washi tape! My kids thought that it looked like bicycle tracks! I loved the vintage feel of it.  I used Basic Grey Hopscotch for this card, as well as some i-rock gems and Pebbles rub-ons.


 These cards were made based off a card that I had seen online (I can't recall where), using the doily in this way.  I loved the look and actually made an anniversary card for my parents similar to this one but I forgot to photograph it before I mailed it!  It was fun to make each card personal in its own way. 

I had to use up the remainder of the doilies in some way so I created this pretty little Christmas tree with them. I love spending the holidays with my family so I mailed this one out to my parents as an early Christmas card.  

For my last card, I used my woodgrain embossing folder and embossed some kraft paper. I then used one of the cute little Lawn Fawn stamps that I won to stamp the sweet little bird.  I colored him in with my Bic Fine Tip markers (which I also won a while ago) and made a little hole for him to peek through.  I kind of love it : ) 
Thank you for stopping by today.  I have a few layouts that I'd like to post too.  So, who knows, perhaps I will post more than one thing this week! I hope that you are getting in the holiday spirit!  I know I am!
Scrap Happy~Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, I love the cards! You've inspired me to dig out my doilies! And I love the woodgrain card! Thanks for sharing, you definitely bring me joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all stunning, Melissa...I'm in love with the doily tree, what a fabulous idea, and now I HAVE to go buy that woodgrain embossing folder, lol! :) Gorgeous stuff...thanks so much for playing along with our SPCS sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZING!!! You are such an inspiration! I love them all. But i must say, the doily tree and the woodgrain card are kindove beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete