Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Love

     I seriously can't get enough of scrapping my sweet baby nieces.  I haven't been able to scrap baby girl layouts in a really long time considering my "baby" girl isn't a baby anymore!  I actually try to spread out my layouts of them so I don't do too many back-to-back.  They are just too cute!  The layout that I finished today us interpreted from a sketch at Sketch Savvy.
     At first I wasn't sure if I chose the right papers.  I thought that Echo Park's Little Girl might be a little more appropriate.  After I was finished, I liked it better though.  I ended up using the My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy collection.  The only thing I am not sure about is the pretty butterfly on the right.  Too pretty and not cutesy enough?  Let me know what you think.  
     Here is the sketch that I based the layout off of.  My favorite part is the upper right hand corner with the little pennants.  I put the girls' initial in each little pennant which officially made it my favorite part of the layout!  The sketches at Sketch Savvy are really fun and seem to fit with my style!  I am hoping to do more of their layouts soon.  If you happen to use this same sketch, post a link.  I'd love to see what you create!  Thank you for stopping by today!  
Scrap Happy~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. ok you chose the most perfect papers! I just love the whole thing. And I just added it to my blog because it's a perfect example of the way a sketch can look completely different with different papers and themes. I just love your pennants too!

    ReplyDelete