Sunday, June 26, 2011

     Happy Monday!  Today I thought I'd share a layout that I made for some fun challenges over at Scrapbooksteals.com.  The challenge was a Gender Swap layout.  Try to use boy papers on a girl layout or vice versa.  Since I have kids of both genders, finding something to scrap with was not difficult.  Finding pictures of my daughter that I wanted to put with them was the challenge! Since she is a little athlete, I thought that these papers, from the My Mind's Eye Breaking Free line, would go well with her action soccer shots.  The additional challenge with this layout was a Numbers Recipe.  Five patterned papers, nine buttons, seven brads, etc.  It's all there, I promise : )  I should add that when she saw the layout, she loved it and then asked what "deter-mined" meant (read that "deter", rhyming with wetter and "mined" rhyming with fined.)  We will brush up on vowels in our summer reading time, I promise!

I was also asked to create a sketch challenge for others to try.  I will post that sometime this week as well!  It is really fun to see other people create a layout based on something floating around in my mind!  Thank you for stopping by today!
Scrap Happy~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment