Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Hello!  I will start by saying that I don't think that my sister is an active follower of my blog.  A good thing since the birthday card that I made for her is the project for today!  So, to my older sister...if you are reading, stop now!  I was recently led to a fun blog that has both sketch and card challenges that I thought I would try out.  It is called Sassy Lil' Sketches and they just came out with new sketches on April 7th.  Since I have several cards to make this month, I thought I'd give it a try.  Here is the sketch:
And here is my design:
Materials Used:
  • My Little Shoebox "City by the Bay" papers.  I won this collection on MLS design team member Nicole's blog recently and I think I could seriously scrap my entire photo stash with it.  I love this collection.  Full disclosure...I pretty much love anything that MLS makes!
  • American Crafts rub-ons on the green banner
  • Tim Holtz ink
  • Helmar Adhesive 
  • The rest of the materials are from my supplies.
Thanks for taking a look!  Stop back soon, I am hoping to post more in the next day or two!
Scrap Happy~ Melissa


5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I love it! Thanks for using a Sassy Sketch!

    Keep checking back at Sassy to see if the InLinkz is fixed. I contacted support and am hoping they help us get it fixed ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at SLS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Lil' Card Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! So glad you joined us at Sassy Lil Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card. I love the banner especially :-) Thanks for playing along with SLS this week.
    www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete