Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!

     I am *really* ready for the snow to melt and so far, it is being agreeable.  My sump pump has been working around the clock for days.  I am so grateful it is working well because this snow is melting fast (though there is still a lot more to go)!  I wanted to create a card that used up my scraps and put me in the mood for spring so I created this card.

     The folks over at The Beary Scrap (of which my friend Brenda just joined the design team!) have a fun birthday challenge going on as well so I thought I would make the above card for their Spring challenge.  It was fun and easy, but most of all, a great way to use up the tremendous amount of scraps that I keep "just in case".  
     I had so much fun making the flowered card that I decided to make one more with a little bit of a different twist.  This one is for the Oh Baby, It's Spring challenge over at http://www.thekraftjournal.blogspot.com.  I liked how this one turned out as well.  Maybe I am more of a card maker than I think I am : )  


My kids are on spring break this week!  We don't have anything special going on since we went to Disney World last year and my husband just returned from a Habitat for Humanity week long trip.  I am looking for some great "stay-cation" ideas.  What kinds of fun things do you do with your kids to make spring break special even if you are staying home?  I am open to any ideas!  Thank you for stopping by today!

Scrap Happy~melissa

5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous cards Melissa! I've never heard of Beary Scrap, yay for Brenda!! Going to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, these cards are gorgeous! I'm so happy your participating in The Beary Scrap challenge (and thanks, Chloe)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, your cards are adorable...and I am so loving your entry for The Kraft Journal...thanks so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute your cards are! Love the rows on both. Such a fantastic design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at the Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! LOVE this technique you've used. Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

    ReplyDelete