Monday, January 17, 2011

To Make Your Day Brighter

     I found out recently that there are a couple of friends who are going through some difficult times and could really use a little "pick-me-up".  I've had this little lamp template on my craft table for a while and I thought that I'd use it to make a couple of cards.  I wish I could remember where I got the template from to give them credit but I didn't write it down when I printed off the template.  I apologize in advance for the lighting.  The natural sunlight here in winter leaves much to be desired!


     I used the Melody Ross Collection "Homespun Chic" which I picked up at Hobby Lobby when they had 40% off of their paper packs.  I have been admiring the collection for a while but was not sure if I could pull off something of this style.  Fortunately, it all came together pretty well!  I only used one sheet, Blue Redwork, and the rest of the embellishments I just had in my stash.
     On the inside of the card I used a bright yellow to represent the "light" going on.  I think that I am too literal sometimes :-)  I also included the sentiment, "A little note to brighten your day" on the inside.  I am excited to play with this collection a little bit more.  There are some really fun papers in there.
     On another note, I pulled out some older pictures last night and have started scrapbooking those.  They are from about two years ago.  I haven't created pages from that long ago for a while so we'll see where my mojo goes with that!  I *really* want to try to stay current in 2011, yet continue to create pages that remember the small moments, not just the chronological events of the year .  We'll see what happens!

Thank you for stopping by!
Scrap Happy~melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment