Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flower Girl

     I have been scrapbooking enough lately to actually go back and scrap some of the photos that I had printed from a while back!  I was working chronologically for a while and then decided to deviate from that and create what suited my fancy at the moment.  Now that I am waiting for more pictures to arrive, I am having fun looking back to my old stash!  

                             MLS Sketch 1


     This layout was made using the My Little Shoebox sketch challenge sketch created by Aphra Bolyer.  She has wonderful sketches that I love to create with!  This is the first time that I have journaled around a page and I really like how it looks.  I may have to do that more often!  I used bits of the My Little Shoebox "All A Flutter" collection which I won in a random (extremely generous) drawing on Melanie Stanczyk's blog.  Since this is the only way I was able to get my hands on some MLS products (with the exception of purchasing online), I had to make the most with what I had, yet save enough for future projects!  (Yes, I am a paper hoarder, I freely admit it : )  The title at the bottom is also from MLS.  The thing that I love about the letters is that you can use the negative image after punching out the letter since it is on a precut square.  Like this....http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/my-little-shoebox/99791-daffodil-chipboard-alphabet/?filters=my-little-shoebox.  I should also mention that there is a lot of dimension on this layout, it is just so hard to tell unless you see it in person!  Perhaps I will take more pictures and add them to show you.  The paper is so bright and cheery!  I just loved playing with it.  Have you seen their new collections for CHA2011 yet?  Oh my word!  Truly amazing!  I hope to get my hands on some of that sometime soon!  Thanks for stopping by!
Scrap Happy~melissa







1 comment:

  1. I love your layout Melissa! And yes Aphra does make some nice sketches.

    ReplyDelete