Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Some Holiday Fun

     It is hard to believe that November will come to a close in a few hours!  This month flew right by!  Now the preparation gets underway for the holiday fun!  I have been doing a few small holiday projects that I thought I would share with you.
     First up is a card I made using Echo Park paper.  I wanted to challenge myself to make a holiday card using non-holiday papers.  So, I used "A Walk in the Park" by Echo Park and came up with this little card. I am still looking for a little bird with a Santa hat to peek out of the circle but I like it as it is too!  I tried to create some dimension with this card and used some foam adhesive to get some depth.  


     Next, I have a few creations that I have been playing with using the "Mitten Weather" line from Cosmo Cricket.  I have really been having fun with this collection.  The color combination is not typical for me and I love to try things that take me out of my comfort zone a bit (at least when it comes to scrapbooking ; )  Some of my previous blogs also have also used some of the same line.  I was planning on making tags today for gifts and thought I'd use some more of the "Mitten Weather" paper that I had sitting out!  


The stamp is part of a set from 7 Gypsies. I was hesitant to use these stamps at first since they are self inking and I couldn't control how thoroughly they were inked.  I tend to like an even amount of ink to create a solid, bold stamp, but I like the darker/lighter areas on these.  Seems a little vintage-y to me!  
     The last project is a card that I made, again using "Mitten Weather".  My friend Kristy over at http://www.scrapbooksteals.com created this sketch for us to try for our Monday Card Madness that we do each week.  This is a ton of fun and really makes me get crafty when I feel I don't have the time!  Check it out on their blog http://www.scrapbooksteals.com/wp/.  Kristy also does a Mid-week Mojo on Wednesdays which is typically a scrapbook layout.  Be sure to check it out!  This is the sketch for this week...

And here is my interpretation...
The color combo was a bit of a stretch for me but I am *so* happy with how it turned out!  It was a great sketch so it was easy to make it turn out well!
     I am hoping to get crafty again tonight and maybe even get started on my big Christmas project.  Hopefully the small people in my house will cooperate!  Until next time...scrap happy!
~Melissa 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I'm so sorry, I don't understand why the emails are not coming through. I even checked my spam mail and still nothing. I'm glad I can contact you this way.

    I have a new idea, can you go to my blog: http://melaniestanczyk-justbeingcreative.blogspot.com/ and on the right side under my profile picture is a Contact Me link, can you try that and see if it works.

    I feel so bad this isn't working so I'm going to give you even more MLS products to play with.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Melissa, I'm not sure if you seen my comment but just incase that didn't work you can leave me your name and address on my blog in the comment section and I'll just delete once I receive it.

    I really, really want to get your package out to you, I feel so bad it's taking so long.

    Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I sent you an email! I hope you receive it!

    ReplyDelete